Archive for November, 2016
It took 5 hours of extensive debugging today but the wait is finally over!
It has all the main features of the Leather variation (multiple stances, mouse-look striking, HUD striking, target detection, Doodles&Strikes support) But it has its own little detail too, every hard hit that connect with someone have a chance to add some blood spatters to the blade.
You can obviously disable this feature, or even change the color of the blood if you like disciplining aliens or robots.
There was a lot of bugs to squash this time and I still have a release to post so I will be brief.
Lady Eleanor Leather Crop
- FIXED: StopAnimation bug.
- FIXED: Animation naming consistency.
- FIXED: Rare stance switching bug.
- FIXED: Small security issue on the HUD deploy command.
- FIXED: Stance change in mouse-look now works properly.
- CHANGED: Lower memory footprint & removed unused code.
- CHANGED: Reduced texture usage (lower complexity).
- ADDED: Proper specular map.
- ADDED: Spade crop compatibility.
- ADDED: Compatibility with the “Doodle & strikes” impact system.
- ADDED: Hit range is now tied to the crop’s actual length (capped to 1-5m).
Doodles & Strikes for Avatar 2.0
- CHANGED: Memory footprint reduction.
- ADDED: Riding crop interaction.
- FIXED: Bruises not fading all the way.
Pretty much everything else is done, HUDs, holders, and I even made a new sound for the spade crop, but getting the riding crop marks to look right is taking some time.
I’ve refactored a bunch of code on the Lady Eleanor leather crop, redundant code, unused functions, I also fixed a couple of very minor things and will be exposing the sounds.
For the longest time I’ve been referring to sounds only by their UUIDs but it doesn’t allow users to set up their own sounds, also since UUIDs are longer than your average sound filename, it uses more memory to do this.
Next step is to make strike decals for it.