That’s what I’ve been telling myself several times today, and every time, I was wrong.
But not this time… I think?
Everything is (almost) ready for release.
I still gotta make the HUD but here we are!
I have done a LOT in the past couple days, I just don’t really have anything interesting to show for it.
- Re-rigged the suit to get rid of all the problematic issues.
- Rendered all the leather texture maps.
- Altered the torso for flat, small, and large chests.
- Split the models in two to get more faces (To have slices on the arms for gloves).
- Started re-rigging and re-shaping the neck for Linden avatar compatibility.
The flat chest is a bit iffy… like, really…
I’ll probably have to hand tweak the textures for each color because that’s really just the color map causing problems.
I just finished a bunch of test textures so I uploaded a quick and (very) dirty rigging test to get a feel of the final look.
Not bad at all I’ll say.
I’ve been working on the leather version today, this way I get to see the errors a little better.
I’m still trying to complete a set of textures to have the complete look before I begin rigging.
All done there. Unless I am mistaken, the low polygon model is complete, with the exception of the rigging.
Next step as usual: Make a few bake attempts and solve any eventual issue that comes out of it. So close.
I ended up splitting everything into 4 separate texture maps (one not represented), this puts the whole outfit quite a bit over 1024×1024 (about 1.5x) but i think it is worth it.
I’ve also done my face counting for the different bits and pieces and it was a little short (8 faces max per mesh) so I’ve cut the entire thing in half at the top edge of the corset, this should give me a few extra faces to make two slices on each arm (gloves!).
There are only a few things that still need modeling/unwrapping:
- Zipper pull (2).
- Bow for the corset laces. (I still haven’t modeled this one).
- Logo (probably on the zipper pull tabs)
Hopefully I can get it done by the end of Tuesday.