Since I am preparing the “official” release of the keyless padlock (okay it IS already available, I know, but not as a standalone), I figured it would be a good time to introduce a little bit of variation in the standard lock roster.
It is still a sculpted prim with quirky UVs, so there are limits to what I can realistically do with it. But I think it looks good?
There will also be a special version for my Patreon supporters too, it has been a while since I’ve thanked you all ^_^.
I’ve replaced the default padlocks that are normally delivered with new purchases with keyless padlocks. As I explained before, this is part of an attempt to streamline the “new user experience” with the TouchBound system.
I still have a ton of product pictures that mention the fingerprint padlock and I’ll do my best to update those over time, I doubt that this will create much confusion. We shall see.
I’ll make the keyless padlocks available for sale individually once I get around making a proper product picture for them.
Another thing I really, really, really need to do is to rewrite (again) the fingerprint padlock to be much more user-friendly.
Hello everyone, we all knew this would happen. I’ve just released a much-needed update to the KDC Prison Cell that adds a few features and addresses a number of issues:
- The “KDC Experiment” experience toggle has been removed. It uses auto-detection now.
- The “base” RLV toggle flag has been removed. It is simply always on if you use an RLV Relay.
- Some viewer/relay combinations wouldn’t allow the RLV force-teleport feature to function, fixed.
- You could still use the “Home” button when under RLV restrictions, this is also fixed.
- The door latch now derives its own scale (for animations) from the door itself.
- The lock infobox menu now features a prisoner list.
- I clarified some of the warnings & errors, related to the KDC Experiment and furnitures.
- I also added a new optional config flag to restrict the camera or force mouselook.
As usual, the update is available through the auto-updater.
(And yes, you can swap the cell/furniture content instead of replacing them completely)
Wear the update box, teleport to the KDC Main Store, and you should receive your freshly updated prison cell package in a folder. Enjoy~
Look everyone! the KDC prison cell is out!
The expansion of the KDC facilities led to the acquisition of the remains of a federal correctional facility that had ended up decommissioned before it had a chance to pay itself back. One of our interns suggested that we could probably refurbish the brand new containment units as “private prison cells you can install at home”.
I talked about this so much since November that frankly, I’m not sure what more I could say about it. The documentation page is quite “meaty”, have a look if you want a detailed breakdown of everything I’ve managed to cram into this release ^_^. I hope it was worth it, this has been my longest project so far.
I’m pretty much done with the cell furniture scripts & animations! Large picture set today!
The furnitures have their own configuration system that allows you to adjust the most important aspects, which can help if you want to use your own poses.
Now, what is going on with these “config.use” cards? It’s really simple! It allows to define which sides of the furniture will allow sitting (the furnitures REQUIRE the “KDC Experiment” experience, sorry!) You still have to be fairly close.
I also included pictures of all the poses I’ve made for the bed and the toilet unit. Feedback welcome!
Slowly, but surely, I’m getting to the bottom of the prison cell project 🙂
- ✔ Config for the inside/outside lamp behavior: always on/off and toggled by the switch.
- ✔ (Optional) automatic unlocking after X minutes.
- ✔ (Experimental) “secure locking”, a padlock ID whitelist for roleplay areas that want some level of key control.
- ✔ RLV feature toggle (restrictions and/or force teleport).
- ✔ Experience feature toggle (teleport on/off).
- ✔ I got pretty much all the sounds I needed to be done: door, hatch, shutter, etc…
- ✔ Color, intensity & other light properties are now saved by the script when you edit them.
- ✔ A variant of the main cell body without the window.
- ✔ A standalone anchor bar with advanced reach checks.
- ✔ A standalone version of the light ramp.
I started working on the furniture script. I came up with a cool configurable, directional range check. You can decide in which directions the furniture will allow an avatar to sit, including top & bottom (useful to allow sitting on a top bunk, but only from “below”, or to prevent sitting through a wall).
That’s all for today!
The free Multi-Anchor plate has been updated!
If you are using it, or using the script in a personal build, you can swap the old script with the new one (KDC Multi anchor plate v2), no other change needed.
I’m currently updating all the marketplace entries.
Multi-Anchor plate changes :
- Less clicking! You can click on a different anchor (same set) without having to de-select the previous one first.
- A small bug caused the multi-anchor listener to remain open for a few seconds after use, potentially interfering with other objects.
Brief late night update!
- I added an (optiona) automatic prisoner number generator, it is unique and fixed for all avatars, (I’ll share the code if others want to use it).
- All major interactions have a small built in delay (1 second or less), specifically those that produce messages or sounds.
- Touch areas check not only for range, but also evaluate whether you can realistically reach the object you are clicking from your location (example: from inside the cell, door closed, you can only pull the door handle if the hatch is open)
- RLV restrictions via relay is in, I still need to do some testing to implement (optional) vision spheres.
- Experience Force-teleport is in.
- RLV Force-Teleport is in.
- Some of the sounds are in and are inventory-based to help with modding, it is also fault tolerant (missing sounds won’t play at all).
- All standard TouchBound locks and Heavy-Duty locks are implemented.
- Mod-friendly animation system, resizing & moving parts ‘should’ be handled gracefully (no hard-coded positions & scales on anything).
- Very satisfying light switch & neon light?
Terribly produced videos! And a short list of the prison cell features (so far):
- ✔ The door handle latches/unlatches.
- ✔ The door opens.
- ✔ The hatches swing open/closed.
- ✔ The window shutter slides.
- ✔ Light turns on/off inside and outside, the light switch actuates.
- ✔ The door takes standard/heavy locks but also timelocks & accessories.
- ✔ Handle rattles when it can’t unlatch.
- ⭕ Swing open/close sounds, shutters, hatch sounds, lamp sounds.
- ⭕ Touch distance check, inside/outside reachability checks.
- ⭕ RLV relay force-teleport & seating restrictions.
- ⭕ Experience force-teleport.
- ⭕ TouchBound anchor code.
- ⭕ Furniture scripting (toilet & bed).
- ⭕ Furniture poses (toilet & bed).
I’m probably forgetting a bunch…