Archive for the ‘Code Stuffs’ Category

LockMeister support officially part of AVsitter2!

After much back and forth, various changes and improvements, the LockMeister plugin for AVsitter2 is now part of the official repository!

https://github.com/AVsitter/AVsitter/blob/master/AVsitter2/Plugins/AVcontrol/LockMeister/%5BAV%5DLockMeister.lsl

The final version includes a couple of optimisation improvements and support for sitter swapping.

Enjoy!

Alternate shackle sizes

I’ve finished debugging, testing, re-testing, re-debugging, and so on. This is as good as it is going to get code-wise.

So here are more pictures:

  1. On top of the “light” version (cannot be padlocked or chained) I’ve added two variants with a shorter and longer shackle (called XS and XL) to offer more adjustment flexibility.
  2. I haven’t really shown a good shot of what the captive ring indents ended up looking like, pretty crisp for what it is.
  3. XL + a tag plate, and while they are smaller than on other items, it’s still ridiculously cumbersome. I guess it works if you don’t plan on having a formal diner that day.

(But you don’t, since you eat your food from a bowl on the floor, right? :P)

Update on the nose shackle and code review.

I am more or less done with the nose shackle code, so I figured I would give a long hard look at some of the TouchBound core code to see what could potentially be improved.

I have found a handful of small little issues that I’m going to correct, I know this is probably not something anyone cares about, but here is what I’ve found and fixed:

  • Some of my timer threads would end timer processing before other threads had a chance to run, this causes the animation watchdog to stop running during a suspension.
  • Lock “pins” wouldn’t reset to hidden on script reset.
  • Some messages still used llInstantMessage rather than llRegionSayTo (causing some delay).
  • I MIGHT have greatly improved memory & script time of the animation watchdog.
  • I removed some message arguments I don’t use anymore.
  • I was accidentally loading some lists in the module script that… aren’t actually used there.
  • A few functions were passing sounds around that are already the default one.

I’m tempted to merge all of this into the master branch right now but I’m afraid of introducing bugs -_-.

Industrial pipe kit script update!

  • Fixes a timer bug in toggle shaft valves & toggle gearbox valves.
  • Adds one-time owner report on shaft position (for configuring/min maxes).
  • Ensure that gearboxes & shafts prims have been found before touching them.

Marketplace: Use the auto-redelivery.
In-world: Pester me in IM 🙂
Gitlab

LockMeister plugin for AVsitter2

I’m surprised, with all the documentations I have for LockMeister on the lsl wiki that no one ported the example code to AVsitter already.

If you are already familiar with the lockguard plugin, configuring this one should be almost identical.

Github PR (It might end up merged/closed but I don’t know how long that’s gonna take)

Link to the LockMeister plugin.

More polishing?

I’ve spent almost the entire day on the valve code, trying to get it as user friendly as possible. It is such a collosal waste of time 😀

  • Analog mode (click and drag that nobody ever use in SL)
  • On/Off mode (just click to open/close a valve fully)
  • Distance detection (‘too far away’ kind of deal)
  • Gearbox texture sliding (for the “gear window”).
  • Threaded shafts go up/down.

I also re-uploaded some of the wheels that weren’t +Z oriented, so the script doesn’t need a “valve axis” configuration.

Giving some love to the piercing system

I’ve been working hard on a much needed update to the TouchBound piercings line, here are a few pictures of the new set of plier I’ll be releasing soon to replace the much outdated ones I currently sell.

There’s going to be a few changes code wise, which I believe are for the best:

  • Weights will be recognized as standard accessories, and usable on other products. Why? Why not!
  • Other accessories will now be compatible with the piercings (such as tag plates).
  • Clicking the right area on each ring won’t be needed anymore (just one touch zone).
  • It won’t be possible to use padlock AND accessories at the same time (in line with the rest of the TB products).
  • Piercing tools & weights will have to be updated (slight protocol change).

An update on kyrahgame

Crazy I know! I guess this project isn’t dead yet.

A lil’ bit of code for the maid hats

Not much to “show” today, but I wrote a little companion script for the maid caps (I have issues releasing completely unscripted objects okay?). Just a few handy/fun maid related functions:

  • A fancy holo-sign “ready to serve” kind of thing.
  • A notecard giver (for your rules & services).
  • The ability for other people (or yourself) to mess with your maid cap (throw & make it fall basically)

Nothing complicated and you can remove it if you just want the hats and nothing else

Lock cutting workbench.

This is something I’ve been meaning to add to the store for a long time, there is now a lock-cutting workbench at the Main KDC Store. While I haven’t really seen anyone abuse the system, this is now available for those who want/need it.

It’s not for sale (but it’s free to use duh) and it’s an experiment, more than anything, it uses a feature that has been part of the system for many years now, but there was no real way to use it without my assistance until now.

I’m open to feedback on whether this is a good idea or not. In the meantime, consider it a relatively lame X-max gift 😛

Kyrah Abattoir
Creating BDSM/Fetish content for Second Life since 2004.

Seasoned 3D artist and programmer, thinks she can even make video games.
Archives
  • [—]2020
  • [+]2019
  • [+]2018
  • [+]2017
  • [+]2016
  • [+]2015
  • [+]2014
  • [+]2013
  • [+]2012
  • [+]2011
  • [+]2010
  • [+]2009
  • [+]2008
  • [+]2007
  • [+]2006