Archive for the ‘Time to vote!’ Category
Allright… This has gone for long enough… The Fingerprint Padlock was supposed to be the simple, trouble-free, default option when someone first tries the TouchBound system.
But the reality is that it really isn’t doing a good job at this.
So lets break it down point by point:
- 👍 You can’t lose the key.
- 👍 The internal imprint allows some form of self bondage.
- 👎 Keyed padlocks and time padlocks are more suited for self bondage & escape games.
- 👎 Identity imprint are a one time thing and doesn’t survive resets.
- 👎 It is too complex for something supposed to be the “basic” lock of the TouchBound system.
A little while ago I passed around a “beta” version of a “Public padlock”, I received some good feedback from it and therefore, I’m starting to believe that it might be time to do something with it.
Breakdown of the public padlock:
- You can’t lose the key.
- Whoever locks is the only person that can unlock.
- No configuration is required.
- The name of the locker is always visible on the locked item’s infobox.
- It can be used by anyone if worn on a non-hud slot, no “give your locks” required for play.
So there you go everyone! Time to make your choice 😛
What should I do with the Fingerprint Padlock?
- Make the Public Padlock the new Fingerprint Padlock. (28%, 25 Votes)
- Don't change anything. (8%, 7 Votes)
- Keep it for sale, but ship products with the Public Padlock instead. (64%, 57 Votes)
Total Voters: 89
I had to widen the shackle gap to make it look right around a “standard” nipple (okay, whatever I had on hand really).
But I’m not really sure which version would be the best:
- A The V shaped shackle.
- B Straight shackle and wider 180° turn.
- C Straight shackle with a “two step” 180° turn.
I’m not sure that the polling plugin works anymore but I’ll try to add one anyway, feel free to vote for more than one option.
Which nipple shackle design should I use?
- B: Straight with a wide 180° turn. (52%, 23 Votes)
- C. Straight with a "two step" 180° turn. (23%, 10 Votes)
- A: V-shaped. (25%, 11 Votes)
Total Voters: 41
Yes, I know the poll results don’t show, it’s a bug, but votes are still recorded.