Archive for the ‘TouchBound’ Category
Allright… This has gone for long enough… The Fingerprint Padlock was supposed to be the simple, trouble-free, default option when someone first tries the TouchBound system.
But the reality is that it really isn’t doing a good job at this.
So lets break it down point by point:
- 👍 You can’t lose the key.
- 👍 The internal imprint allows some form of self bondage.
- 👎 Keyed padlocks and time padlocks are more suited for self bondage & escape games.
- 👎 Identity imprint are a one time thing and doesn’t survive resets.
- 👎 It is too complex for something supposed to be the “basic” lock of the TouchBound system.
A little while ago I passed around a “beta” version of a “Public padlock”, I received some good feedback from it and therefore, I’m starting to believe that it might be time to do something with it.
Breakdown of the public padlock:
- You can’t lose the key.
- Whoever locks is the only person that can unlock.
- No configuration is required.
- The name of the locker is always visible on the locked item’s infobox.
- It can be used by anyone if worn on a non-hud slot, no “give your locks” required for play.
So there you go everyone! Time to make your choice 😛
What should I do with the Fingerprint Padlock?
- Make the Public Padlock the new Fingerprint Padlock. (28%, 25 Votes)
- Keep it for sale, but ship products with the Public Padlock instead. (64%, 57 Votes)
- Don't change anything. (8%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 89