Archive for December, 2018
I am not well.
As is usually the case, I came back home from visiting my family for x-mas, and I am now ill. I hope it will clear up in a few days.
- Complete script rewrite.
- Color script reduced to 24Kb.
- Support for time padlocks and accessories.
- Faster configuration updates using individual notecard names.
I recommend you quickly check how the new configuration system works, it uses multiple notecards and you RENAME them instead of changing their content.
Also the auto-unlock has been unified with the time-release padlock system so doors do not auto-unlock anymore when time runs out, you have to click the lock to physically remove it once the time has elapsed. (Assuming you CAN click it :P)
Merry Xmas to everyone, I am spend a few days with my family but I will be back shortly!
I’ve done more work on the Lattice cage rewrite. I’m changing the “one notecard for all settings” to the method I’ve been using recently based on notecards names rather than their content. I’ve also ditched the original “time unlock” that the lattice cage originally had and merged the function with the new TB time padlock system.
If config.max-locktime is non-zero, the cage will “rewrite” all locks as time-release padlocks and override their delay if necessary.
If you have a moment, come visit the Dead Realm ground level! all snowed in for the season!
- Added suspension animations for all the chaining rings.
- Added time-release padlock support.
- Added accessory support.
- Fixed report messages when RLV is off.
- Improved chain target tracking.
Aparently I haven’t noticed all those slight clipping points. I don’t think it truly matters since this is the high-poly model, but I’ll fix it anyway.
Those wider seams are a bit better looking and I figured out a nice little trick to make the bump map a little less jagged.
I’ve flattened the chin to make it easier to fit, I’ve also settled for a simple metallic zipper at the back. And also found a good way to install the padlock.
This solves most of the problem I had with this design. Yay!
In true Kyrah fashion, I don’t know what I’m doing.
I initially did my best to “erase” the mouth indentation of monday’s draft, thinking a panel look would be more pleasing… But because of the extra space around the lips it makes the mask quite loose when there is a cutout there.
So I tried to pull it back around the mouth again, and the fit is a lot closer… but now I have the lips marking the hood surface again and I do not know if I like that.
I also made the neck part as short as possible… It will clip no matter what but at least I can try to minimize it.
And more texture tests. I made the seams and accent too thin. Open mouth pose looks somewhat acceptable but I’ll have to be extra careful with the ‘open mouth’ texture stretching in the lowpoly.