Archive for November, 2018
The picture on the vendor is actually a little wider (and contains more text) but square images work better here 😛
Those annoying little alarms are now released, under a “pay what you want” system! It’s all explained on the vendor at the store, but because it’s a little weird and not really compatible with the SecondLife Marketplace (I’m open for suggestions however).
There is 4 alarm shapes total, they all have a unique (and annoying) siren, are material enabled and fully tint friendly. I also added a “signal light” feature so you can turn the LED(s) on and off by clicking and holding the mouse down for 3 seconds.
I do realize this is very “off beat” compared to my usual products, but it’s still a cute little accessory and cuteness is important 😛
Only from the KDC Main Store.
- Product pictures are done.
- Changed a few sounds for custom ones.
- The special vendor is finished and functional,
- Replaced the particle effects with better ones.
- Added a “visibility light” mode.
I think tomorrow or friday I’ll put together the FINAL versions of each alarm, after that It will be ready for release.
But I believe I’ve successfully scratched this itch. Each of the style has a custom alarm sound, blinking LEDs and is fully tintable and adjustable. I’m wondering if I should add a flashlight feature too…
Now that (al)most of the TouchBound line support this, and after one last hard look at the code to spot any potential bug, I’m proud to release the long overdue time-release padlock!
There isn’t a whole lot I can say about it, it isn’t really designed for long-term given that it is capped at 9 hours, it also has a couple of configuration flags, you can read the notecards or check the documentation wiki for details about that.
It isn’t that I don’t want to enable people who want “long play” timers, but I believe that it is gonna require a dedicated lock, with a proper key bypass.
Meanwhile I hope you’ll find creative ways to use this one 🙂
The lined chrome chastity belt, lattice cage, piercings and isolation headphones do not support time padlocks yet, for all the other items, please double check that you have the latest update!
Allright, I know that the handle is not “accurate” but the wrist strap is almost invisible otherwise.
Now that this is out of the way…
Code wise it’s fairly simple, if you are close enough (or the wearer) clicking the alarm will yank the detachable part and throw it in the direction you are facing, and the alarm will flash and sound.
- Particles trail to show the object’s trajectory.
- Particle beacon when the object stops moving.
- Anyone can click the projectile to attempt to “re attach” it, but the owner has to be close enough.
- Once the projectile is picked up or derezzes it will automatically re-attach.
- “access restriction” flags that you can configure, owner only/group only (or public).
- Fully tintable (considering making it auto-broadcast to the projectile, not sure.)
- Broken up into many parts for easy adjustment (snap hook, chain, pin, …).
- “Pin version” where the pin+handle is thrown and the siren stays on the wearer.
- “Grenade version” where the siren is thrown and the pin stays on the wearer.
- Alpha mask based show/hide system, (this is an experiment).
I need to fix the siren sound because it has a very obvious “clip” point and check the writing in the different user messages.
I also kinda want to make more siren unit designs too 🙂
Almost all the TouchBound products should be updated to the latest code revision, with the exception of a couple that require some extra work to convert them to the new system.
Sorry in advance for all the update messages 🙂