Archive for 2018

Allen wrenches, and also sounds?

I just finished the mesh for the hex wrenches/allen keys to bolt the collar. The idea is that the logo on the sleeve will tell you wich bolt type it is using.

I SUPPOSE I could remodel the head of the wrenches for each type but this seem a little umm… Overkill.

I did not post about this before but Wednesday I recorded and cleaned up a handful of sounds for the collar, I think it will sound pretty “genuine”.

Bolt wax seals!

I’ve added wax sealing textures to my test setup, I’m still lacking sounds and I also made more memory related changes that I really hope I will not regret.

Tomorrow… I think it’s about time I get on with recording the new sounds and modeling the allen wrenches for this.

More code!

Some good progress today, despite being sick.

  1. Added safety code that causes chains to detach from the mending plate when it is removed from the new collar.
  2. All the tools will leave “lock mode” when attached/detached/rezzed and after 30 minutes.
  3. Moved a bunch of code around to save memory, as usual.
  4. Fixed a bug in the timelock system (I just wrote it god dammit!)
  5. Added a bolt sealing function! It’s a bit like timelocks but for bolts (with a few differences).

Added support for multiple bolt faces

I’ve added support for multiple bolt faces to the collar… but I’m not sure how I feel about the look of those. They don’t really “pop” enough in my opinion.

I’ve also done some extra “on/off” animations for the mending plate getting installed.

Nothing major but I’m starting to wonder how I’m going to handle items that are bound to the collar front ring, when said ring “goes away” (gets removed)…

Bolt collar code, and playing with click actions.

The latest maintenance viewer has click action (none) working for attachments, so now I can just disable the hand cursor for things that you shouldn’t be able to click.

It’s really nice, I’ll start deploying it in all future object updates 🙂

I’ve also written and adapted most of the “core” code for the “bolt collar” (new name someday). The bolts have some slight animation and the collar parts slightly when completely unbolted.

I still have to code in the bolt face configuration and the wax/timelock system I have planned for it.

Code monday.

Not what I would consider a great day, but regardless, I got some work done in the end.

I rewrote all the padlocks and did memory profiling on them. I redid all the pop-up messages,( especially for the fingerprint padlock) in the hope that it will make things clearer for new users of the system.

I also tweaked the time padlock so it doesn’t have those weird “3:55” limits, now it will go all the way to “4:00”, but the lower limit will still be 5 minutes.

I also figured out the source of conflict between leg animations and suspensions, will be fixed soon.

Sculpted prim timelock.

Good old sculpted prims, I’m really rusty when it comes to making these things >_<

It looks all right I guess. I really wish I could use regular meshs for those accessories but there is still no way to load them by UUID, so you have to make due.

I still gotta make the mesh “object” version because it needs a functional display, at least this one will be optimized.

Short term time lock, first draft.

 

I thought it would be a good idea to use the same form factor as the fingerprint padlock and to also keep the overall shape relatively simple, to keep the sculpted prim from becoming a mess.

Simple controls: click/hold the buttons to add/remove time, click anywhere else to use it like a regular padlock.

The things to come.

I’ve prototyped two relatively important features that I plan to integrate on the entire TouchBound product line:

  • Time release locks.
  • Non-lock accessories.

Time release locks is pretty self-explanatory, when the time that was set on the lock runs out, clicking it will detach it without requiring a key.

The accessory system on the other hand is a bit weird. It is intended to replace the system that the nipple piercings have been using for the longest time, but unified across the entire product line.

The idea is that instead of a lock you can add a “toy” (not both, sorry). Toys will still prevent detaching when used on the main lock point but they are intended to be funny or decorative accessories. They won’t really “lock” and won’t prevent drawing/removing chains either. I hope this will be a fun addition to the system.

Possible toy ideas: dog tags, decorative carabiner, naughty labels, things like that.

Anchor update

This is kind of a double update, I’ve patched the regular TouchBound anchor plate, and the suspension version.

  • The “suspension” anchor was carrying an OLD (2012!) bug that only triggered when used on more than one prim linksets. I’ve also removed unnecessary code to reduce memory use.
  • The “normal” anchor has been stripped down of most unnecessary code and functions, it’s not required to change it but you might want to consider it if you use a lot of them.
About Me
I started SecondLife in 2004 and created my own bdsm fetish virtual products under the name KDC. I fancy myself as a programmer, 3D artist and terrible game designer.

Archives
  • [—]2018
  • [+]2017
  • [+]2016
  • [+]2015
  • [+]2014
  • [+]2013
  • [+]2012
  • [+]2011
  • [+]2010
  • [+]2009
  • [+]2008
  • [+]2007
  • [+]2006