Archive for 2018
But I believe I’ve successfully scratched this itch. Each of the style has a custom alarm sound, blinking LEDs and is fully tintable and adjustable. I’m wondering if I should add a flashlight feature too…
Now that (al)most of the TouchBound line support this, and after one last hard look at the code to spot any potential bug, I’m proud to release the long overdue time-release padlock!
There isn’t a whole lot I can say about it, it isn’t really designed for long-term given that it is capped at 9 hours, it also has a couple of configuration flags, you can read the notecards or check the documentation wiki for details about that.
It isn’t that I don’t want to enable people who want “long play” timers, but I believe that it is gonna require a dedicated lock, with a proper key bypass.
Meanwhile I hope you’ll find creative ways to use this one 🙂
The lined chrome chastity belt, lattice cage, piercings and isolation headphones do not support time padlocks yet, for all the other items, please double check that you have the latest update!
Allright, I know that the handle is not “accurate” but the wrist strap is almost invisible otherwise.
Now that this is out of the way…
Code wise it’s fairly simple, if you are close enough (or the wearer) clicking the alarm will yank the detachable part and throw it in the direction you are facing, and the alarm will flash and sound.
- Particles trail to show the object’s trajectory.
- Particle beacon when the object stops moving.
- Anyone can click the projectile to attempt to “re attach” it, but the owner has to be close enough.
- Once the projectile is picked up or derezzes it will automatically re-attach.
- “access restriction” flags that you can configure, owner only/group only (or public).
- Fully tintable (considering making it auto-broadcast to the projectile, not sure.)
- Broken up into many parts for easy adjustment (snap hook, chain, pin, …).
- “Pin version” where the pin+handle is thrown and the siren stays on the wearer.
- “Grenade version” where the siren is thrown and the pin stays on the wearer.
- Alpha mask based show/hide system, (this is an experiment).
I need to fix the siren sound because it has a very obvious “clip” point and check the writing in the different user messages.
I also kinda want to make more siren unit designs too 🙂
Almost all the TouchBound products should be updated to the latest code revision, with the exception of a couple that require some extra work to convert them to the new system.
Sorry in advance for all the update messages 🙂
The following products have been updated:
- Lined chrome collar v39
- ER Chrome collar v39
- Classic posture collar v14
- Heavymetal collar v13
- Shock collar v13, (Also added an error message when a locked shockbox is clicked).
- Braced collar v10
- Tasanee v7
- PonyPlay bridle v31
- KDC “4 rings” PonyPlay bit line v37 (Also added a toggle for the drool particles)
Given the amount of things that still need updating, I’ll try to be less verbose with those posts from now on.
Today the following products have received a general system upgrade (new future lock support, chain bug fixes, click action support, etc…) Check your change log for details 🙂
- KDC/Ai Basic leather armbinder.
- KDC Classic pet collar.
- KDC/ER Chrome thigh cuffs.
The Fallen Princess Collar also gets an update, you now get a “square” ring version too.
I’m truly sorry if you hate patches, but this is just how it is going to be 🙂
General bug fixes & system improvements:
Added click actions, Alpha masked root prims (quicker to render than alpha), timelock and accessories support, updated updater, chain sync bugs, etc…
- Ayumi boots.
- Classic wire muzzle.
- Classic pet muzzle.
- Classic leather belt.
- Heavy metal headcage.
- All of the above.
- Fixed! A lock and strapping interaction bug that could get the jacket stuck in a “locked but untied” state.
- New! Now you can start the struggling minigame even if there is no chance for you to get free (if the sleeves are locked).
- Fixed! Somehow you could free yourself from the jacket if it was locked and strapped at tier 1.
- Slightly improved the click zones with a better D ring and back-lock click proxy.
I accidentally (yes) patched the Fallen princess collar, before I was actually done with a small feature I’m adding to it.
I also (not accidentally) patched the Vermilion set for the previously mentioned bugs and I’m also rolling out click action changes. If the viewer you are using is recent enough, the cursor should only change to a “touch” cursor when it is above a touch point.
- Corrects a few issues and improves the detach reporting when the user is not in RLV mode.
- Removes a script that wasn’t supposed to be here.