Archive for September, 2017
I’ve been working on the leather version today, this way I get to see the errors a little better.
I’m still trying to complete a set of textures to have the complete look before I begin rigging.
All done there. Unless I am mistaken, the low polygon model is complete, with the exception of the rigging.
Next step as usual: Make a few bake attempts and solve any eventual issue that comes out of it. So close.
I ended up splitting everything into 4 separate texture maps (one not represented), this puts the whole outfit quite a bit over 1024×1024 (about 1.5x) but i think it is worth it.
I’ve also done my face counting for the different bits and pieces and it was a little short (8 faces max per mesh) so I’ve cut the entire thing in half at the top edge of the corset, this should give me a few extra faces to make two slices on each arm (gloves!).
There are only a few things that still need modeling/unwrapping:
- Zipper pull (2).
- Bow for the corset laces. (I still haven’t modeled this one).
- Logo (probably on the zipper pull tabs)
Hopefully I can get it done by the end of Tuesday.
I normally try to take things a bit easy over the weekend but there wasn’t anything to do sooo… there goes the night.
I initially thought about making low polygon lacing but frankly… I think I’ll just normal map the lacing and only have the knot/bow meshed. And it will look just fine.
With nothing left to do on the lowpoly modeling side of things I started unwrapping this monster…
I still have a LOT of cleanup to do (picture was when I started).
Yet so far from finishing the low polygon model.
In retrospective, I get the feeling that my approach was very sub-optimal. The right approach would have to do the low polygon model before creasing, and then doing the crease work on the low polygon model through multires.
It would probably have gone faster.
I was way too distracted yesterday with device connection troubleshooting: In short, Windows 10 has a shitty bluetooth stack.
This is today’s work (so far) I haven’t done much beside cloning Avatar 2.0’s body geometry. I intent on changing quite a bit about it but the breasts will remain more or less the same to make it easier to match the different chest sizes.
The really annoying part is where the top joins with the corset. I am less than satisfied by some of those areas.
That took about 4 hours. Now all that remain is the top (more straps gasp!) and the corset gap.
Those straps and rings running along the outfit are an absolute pain to make properly… or quickly.
If this wasn’t SL I would probably not have modeled them in detail like that.
And there is still a bunch more to build on the chest. Please kill me now 😀