Archive for May, 2017
There was a slight error when I finalized the HUD and some of you might have some weird color names and no “tan” leather preset.
Just IM me and I’ll send you a fixed preset file.
And voilà! Another project that took me a lot more time than I thought it would. This time I’ve gone the extra mile when it comes to the HUD and this one keeps Dialog menus to a minimum (it is still required for preset selection and RGB entry however.) but it continues in line with the Warden Straitjacket design wise.
These boots have a total 7 areas that you can tint and texture to your liking, they have a ridiculously low draw weight, unfortunately it gets bumped up quite a bit by the textures, but all material products tend to do this.
The spurs double as a pair of TB ankle cuffs and can be locked in place as you would expect, but the side bar is actually the chaining ring.
As for the fitting, they where mainly designed for Classic avatars, Utilizator’s avatar 2.0 (might require some slight shape adjustments) they also apparently fit Maitreya bodies, and possibly others (check the demo!).
And if you pass by the Main Shop, feel free to snoop around the back of the building, it’s a cool place :P.
No point in posting a picture, it’s the same boot with better weight-painting and a slightly shorter foot.
Anyway, the model got final yesterday so today is all about putting the HUD together.
I Just came out of a fairly busy weekend (in Real life). Without going in details, I was mentally and physically exhausted when I collapsed in bed yesterday.
Today I haven’t done much. I picked up new hard disks from the post office to replace my failing ones and have been busy cloning the old ones and preparing a new backup strategy.
Because trusting an old worn out IDE drive to keep my most precious files is simply not going to cut it.
I swear I can finish the new boots this week!
I started the day late, and did a ton of real world cleaning. Still I think I’m done with ALL the textures! I’ve also uploaded another test in world, this time it has foot joints (which I will MOST LIKELY disable through script/anim because bending your feet at that angle is just wrong).
I’ll check with Shigeko again to see if there are anymore last-minute tweaks that need to be done and then I should be able to prepare the model for final upload.
I did a quick test rig for the boots to test them (and prance a bit) in world. The clearance is a bit too tight in the back of the leg and the outer front, so I need to fix that.
I’m pretty confident about the textures so I started the final bake. I ‘should be done at some point during the night.
It’s still missing that ankle strap tho. But this is essentially at “final” resolution.
Not sure how to call this any other way.
Anyway it looks excruciatingly boring, but the idea is that I’m using multiple textures for the different areas that allow customization (base, sole, heel, side panels, strap, strap trim, metals), and each area has its own texture map optimized to reduce waste on power of two maps:
- 1024×512 for the base and half of the metal.
- 1024*256 for the side panels.
- 1024*128 for the straps.
- 1024*128 for the other half of the metal.
- 256*128 for the heel.
- 128*64 for the sole.
It’s all on the same map (yet constrained to power of 2 sections) because it’s just easier for me to do my unwrapping that way.
The only reason the metal is separated into two maps is because I had a bunch of free space on the base map, yet not enough of it to fit all the metal parts at a decent resolution (Also because half way through I realized that I forgot to account for the KDC logo and zipper pull & tab :P).
I started those on Sunday, didn’t work on them Monday and only started late today. The metal parts of the spur seem a little too high poly to my liking, but that’s rounded pieces really, you can’t get around a minimum amount of polygons.
It’s 3 am, I’m going to bed.