Cell door progress woo!
I’ve now gone through round after round after round of texture tests.
There is a limited amount of detail I can add on such a large piece without blowing the texture budget and it also had to be tintable.
…Or at least tint-friendly?
I’ve added a bunch of little normal mapped details here and there:
- Rivets on the front and back.
- Friction reduction rails on the window shutter path.
- Ribs on the shutter itself.
- Grip-style latch on the shutter handle.
- Indentations on the door edge where the deadbolts retract.
- Dishing on the backside of the shutter… because why not.
- You can also pick between glass or bars on the window opening.
Furthermore, the actual texture is “light” enough to be color matched with the cell framing beams and can support a fairly wide range of colors through tinting.
In all honesty, I’m probably forgetting some things, I always do 😛