Archive for 2017

Planning for tomorrow.

I’m done with modeling and texturing, I have the basic configuration in for the new belt. Tomorrow I will start experimenting on the suspension code. I have a rough idea on how to make it work, but there are a few unknowns…

Belt stuff

I spent like… half the day rendering textures at this point. I don’t have much to show but I still have this!

Early texture drafts on the new belt!

Today was a good day, a very productive day.

I finished the UVmap and started rendering a draft texture set to get everything setup properly.

While doing that I stumbled into a problem I’ve had at least half a dozen times before, but I always forget about it, something related to how I overlay materials on top of each other.

LPM belt more or less complete.

I’ve also briefly started the UVmapping and the belt shows some good potential for left/right texture recycling. I’ll keep the front/back part as their own unique parts but the side straps & padding can probably be mirrored (highlighted in red).

Flattening the UV to maximize texture usage is going to be the next tedious step. The rings and metal hardware already have their own texture maps so I don’t really need to worry about those.

Low polygon belt update.

I don’t have much to say, some progress was made, I’m trying to stick to the “style” of the original too.

I left the annoying areas for last.

LPM belt work.

I started doing this today but my sleep cycle is all fucked up so that’s as far as I got. I’ll resume after some rest.

Extremely late tuesday update.

I got a crude Unwrapping done, just enough to get the different texture components mapped. I’ve made the usual stitch lines, the strap hole reinforcements are in place too.

Now I need to figure out…Why is the leather bump map bleeding over the metal?

It happened before, and I always forget why and how to fix it.

I’ve riveted everything (again) and re-placed all the hardware, without deformations this time. I wish I could have the “triangular rivet pattern” more often but it if I do I’m going to cover this belt entirely with rivets.

I’ve also re worked the shape a little. I might tweak it more, but I believe it is now time to get it all unwrapped properly so that I can put in the grain, stitches and grommets.

I also need to add some bend/crease stuff in the back padding to make it match the cuffs.

And again.

So yeah why stop there, lets just double it again.

It’s a bit (okay it’s very) bulky with those 4 buckling points but it looks the part with the cuffs in my opinion.

Doubling up.

I’m a bit sick and trying to catch some specific people to get their feedback, but I’ve come up with a possible improvement:

The first one, with the strap ends facing each others seem more structurally sound and most of the people I queried about it agree. From a technical standpoint, if I can get back in symmetry mode, it makes everything a lot simpler.

Kyrah Abattoir
Creating BDSM/Fetish content for Second Life since 2004.

Seasoned 3D artist and programmer, thinks she can even make video games.
  • [—]2020
  • [+]2019
  • [+]2018
  • [+]2017
  • [+]2016
  • [+]2015
  • [+]2014
  • [+]2013
  • [+]2012
  • [+]2011
  • [+]2010
  • [+]2009
  • [+]2008
  • [+]2007
  • [+]2006