I started a small code restructuring project on the TouchBound system. The main reason there hasn’t been new animations lately is that 90% of the animations involve the wrists. With 19 animations per wrist, the scripts where basically full, due to how lists work in SecondLife, they quickly add up memory wise. I found a solution which involve a little bit of Notecard based voodoo.
My experience is that it’s pretty much as fast as the previous system of splitting and filtering lists, but the memory footprint and processing time is a lot smaller.
This should raise the amount of animations an item can support to a
very comfortable ridiculous level. But more testing is required to ensure that I haven’t broken anything.