I just got this new keyboard working and have been making a few shortcuts triggered by key combinations, like ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12 and the like, and here are a few things I learned that should help everyone doing those kind of things.
- The key combo you chose for your shortcut WONT work, or won’t be reloaded on next reboot unless it is sitting in specific folders, like the Start menu folder.
- Shortcuts called with key combinations are unexplicably SLOW to start for some reason. But there is an easy fix to this:
The fix for Custom keyboard shortcuts slowness:
- Open the registry editor Start > Run > Regedit.exe
- navigate to the following key:
- right click and choose: New Value > Dword
- Name the new value “SafeDllSearchMode”
- Set it’s value to 1
This fix should remove most of the lag you experience when executing a custom keyboard shortcut.
How would you rate the Warden Straitjacket struggle minigame?
- Too hard. (33%, 3 Votes)
- Just right. (56%, 5 Votes)
- Too easy. (11%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 9