Archive for August, 2013
I guess it sort of fit for a vacuum cleaner…
I discovered a little trick that allowed me to be a little faster today, i carved out the canister cover and came up with some kind of tilt mechanism, this is just for a quick animation really, so I don’t think i needed to go THAT much in detail.
I’m still torn about the color scheme for the body. Black and red are my favourite colors, and they make everything look great, but maybe a little too aggressive…
It’s funny how a couple of basic materials and a few trims here and there turn an undefined “blob” into something that actually look man-made. I did a bunch of “cuts” and the side vents today. As usual, it took longer than I would have liked, but what can I do.
I initially wanted to make the body black, like the head, which would fit nicely with my “dark” KDC theme, but maybe I will go for a lighter tone instead, I’m not decided on this yet. It still need “something” to hook it up on it’s charging station, a control panel for the charge level and a storage tank need to be cut out of the body and modeled.
I thought that I would break the silence and post more pictures. It’s actually a difficult project for me because the shapes have to stay very sleek, even after I’ve cut all the panels and parts into it.
This is sort of a return of my chore system, or at least a more modest iteration of it.
I waited long enough for this one, I was expecting another bug to come up, but it has been long enough.
I’ took a breather the past few weeks, it was too hot to do anything good anyway. I started a new project, but there isn’t much to show yet.