Archive for May, 2016
I’ve done more detailing on the cylinder part. I might settle on a metallic look instead of the “shiny grey” I had initially planned. Added a few rivets for accent and a couple of other things no one will notice and did some inworld testing.
I also did some tests for the animation sequences.
Not a huge progress, i have a grade A headache so that will do until it gets better. Detailed the button “box” and added some pointless greeble on the hinges.
I’ve completed an early draft of the normal maps. I had to redo a large chunk of the high poly because creased edges wouldn’t behave. I really like the look of the rotating lock dial but I’m not so sure about the “lock/unlock” symbols.
I also normal mapped a small “high security” keyhole in the top of the unit, it is just drawn on the rotating dial so the lock will rotate with the colored discs.
I think it’s a nice touch.
With some really tight UVs. Next step: Detailing the high polygon model and making suitable materials.
Between the headaches and the depressive state I’m still trying to get out of this creative rut and the train isn’t going anywhere at the moment. I figured I would try something different.
A few months ago I was prototyping some code for a chat restriction device, but it was just that: a prototype.
This is an attempt at giving it a shape, like the ATM. It is kind of a weird “man machine” interface. It has a protective cover and some kind of internal piece that slides out.
The idea is that the controls would be on a pair of folding “petals” when the internal piece slides out.
Lets see where this leads me… I guess.
Small update on the paw mittens, there was a pair of missing animations for the left hand when connecting to collars. And I also added a “no editing” restriction when buckled in 🙂
Yesterday was good but not that good, so I worked some more on those motor thingies. I think it’s better.
I’ve spent a lot of time today working on the undercarriage. I’m also pushing the model to high-resolution I will rebuild a low-res over it at the end. I tried two different frame designs and the second one appears to do the trick.
One small issue: its way too wide for the ladder and brake tanks.