Archive for June, 2007
Revamping is finally finished two new nodes added and i removed all the vendors. Several signs so peoples can orient themselves “quite” easily. Two more light mobiles and now the main room is called the “lobby”. I plan to turn it into a fetish style living room with comfy seats and a few torture devices.
It had been a long time since i hadn’t worked on the Tyrant, the current modifications will probably ground it definitely as it is all in details and prims, but since it will be a permanent element of dead realm now, i guess i can do it.
In the lifting process i finished texturing the rear hull, corrected a few alignment problems and added some lights plus two MASSIVE mysterious futuristic turbine things. You can even look through the control hatch.
I know i SHOULD release it but it still not finished there are a few things i need to add, i also touched up the white level to reduce the saturation.
… I know, it gets a bit boring after a while, i do also plain colors but it isn’t yet casting the relief well, so if you have a color or stripe pattern to siggest , feel free to do so, almost all of these are on the following formula:
color , white , neutral grey , white
It seems it’s what works best.
Yes not much novels from me, my work and all recently, it has been very slow again. Yet i managed to make myself a very nice LSL editing setup with ScitE and the LSLInt. I have never been fond of being kind of forced to be in sl to write proper code, now with this i have the syntax highlighting, the hints for the functions and it even check if my code is valid. This is pretty much convenient as a lot of times i want to write a piece of code quickly without having to go in SL for it.
Speaking of it, i am still working on the KDC Ponygirl sulky. It is becoming a pretty complex piece of code 🙂 Lets say i just want to produce the very best 🙂 Here is a quick summary of the features:
- 3 places, 2 passengers and the pony.
- Touch menu for every users and special admin menu for the owner
- The sulky will only start when the owner is seated, at any spot (now your pony isn’t forced to own the sulky).
- Lock unlock function if you want to park it somewhere or just want to prevent any uninvited passenger.
- Eject function to remove any unwanted passenger 🙂
- Smooth mouse steering, good maneuverability and constant speed on rough terrain, thanks to the special torque adaptive KDC gearbox.
- 3 speed settings accessible by the pony (pg up pg down) or by the admin menu.
- fully notecard configurable AO for the pony, if you don’t like my animations you can put yours (you can set standing, forward and backward walk for the 3 speed settings)
- notecard configurable pony overlay, if you want to add a specific arm pose, complete with configurable LockMeister anchors, and if you don’t like mines you can put yours.
- toggle able pony walking sounds.
- notecard configurable passenger seats animations, if ytou don’t like mines you can … well :).
- toggle able pony “hints” (the pony get a private message that you made a slight pull left or right, etc…) so you can send silently the direction to take for the next crossroad , a bit like reins 🙂
- the wheels spin in the speed and direction the sulky is going.
- transparency adjustable steering hud.
- anti stuck feature (that kind of work) so the sulky try to unstuck itself, if you rez it in the middle of another object for example.
Well its not all finished yet, as the animations cause me some problems, i guess i am not that good at animating.